Have you felt like not speaking to a particular person due to their bad breath? It might get awkward and we might not tell them about it but surely we feel that we should never be that person. Thank God for the masks now it is easier to converse with others. Oral hygiene is one of the major concerns when you want to create an impact. Approximately 30% of the population complains of some sort of bad breath. Halitosis which is a Latin word for bad breath often occurs after a garlicky meal or in the morning after waking or after a workout. Sometimes, it can be temporary due to some odor, beverages (including alcoholic drinks or coffee), and tobacco smoking.
But, how do you know if you have bad breath? It's way better to check your breath before than to embarrass yourself in front of your date while the perfect moment arrives (surely, you don’t want to miss it). There are many ways with which you can check your breath some of them are;
- Asking a trusted person for their opinion.
- Trying the breathe and sniff method (which is the most common and preferred method)
- Sniffing the layer from the tongue scrapper.
All this might sound ugly but by doing this you cannot get embarrassed by others. Bad breathe or not it is always handy to carry a mouth freshener with you. Here are some major tips and oral habits you can start following to prevent halitosis.
1. Everyday Oral Practices
It is not a miracle that can happen in a day. To get rid of the bad breath it is important to maintain certain hygienic habits which will reduce it.
- Brushing and flossing after every meal helps in eliminating it. However, if you are not able to do that, sugar-free spearmint gum can be a temporary solution.
- Regular use of tongue scraper will also reduce the coating and help get rid of halitosis.
- Have regular dental check-ups to clear the tartar build-up or plaque. It is recommended to have a thorough cleaning twice a year to keep the teeth & gums healthy.
By following these tips regularly you can reduce the chances of bad breath. This also maintains your oral hygiene to its best.
2. Home Remedies For Bad Breath
Some of the natural ways to get rid of bad breath can be by having a healthy diet and eating fresh fruits and greens. Here are some home remedies to get rid of bad odor from the mouth.
- Chewing parsley, mint, basil or cilantro will release the chlorophyll from then which neutralizes the odor.
- Chew a piece of lemon or orange rind it gives a freshening burst of flavor. (Wash the rind thoroughly first.) The citric acid will stimulate the salivary glands and fight bad breath.
- You can also chew a handful of fennel seeds, aniseeds, or some cloves which will fight the bad bacteria with their anti-septic qualities.
- A mouthwash made up of baking soda can also be used (A glass of water mixed with a teaspoon of baking soda and drops of anti-microbial essential oil), make sure you do not swallow it.
- By snaking on raw crunchy food also helps in breaking the bad odor. Here is one of the interesting recipes to try. Take 1 cup of diced apple, 1 cup of grated carrot, 1cup of diced celery, ½ cup of dried cranberries, and ½ a cup of crushed walnuts, mix it up in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of yogurt to soften the mixture. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder and serve fresh.
3. Must-Have Products To Prevent Bad Breath
We all look for products that yield good results as they are handy to buy and hassle-free to use. So, here are some product recommendations that will come in handy in keeping your breath fresh.
1. Oracura Smart water Flosser
2. Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush
3. Wonder Care Copper Tongue Scraper
4. Bio-Ayurveda Anti-bacterial Mouthwash
5. Cureveda Sparkle Oil Pulling
If you are facing this issue of bad breath, then don’t think twice to implement it. Note down these habits and add them to your routine right away. Your oral hygiene is as important as your style and dressing. Give importance to your overall development. Dressing as well as grooming play an important role in this.
“Life is short, smile when you have teeth”
Bad breath can be a sign of bad health as well as a bad personality. Fix it to improve your first impression. Eliminate halitosis from your life by using these simple and easy hacks.